Thursday, March 12, 2009

Missouri Senate Democratic Campaign Committee Lunch Tomorrow?

Dear Friend: First, a confession: I haven't been a very good correspondent so far this legislative session. I apologize. I've been swamped - feel like I haven't had a free minute since session started. But the Missouri Senate went on spring break upon adjournment today, and so this weekend I''''ll write with a full report. If you'd like a sneak peek (in 140 characters or less) at what I've been up to recently, just visit www.twitter.com/senjeffsmith. I want to invite you to a luncheon I'm hosting tomorrow (Friday, March 13) at St. Patrick Center's McMurphy's Grill as part of their Celebrity Host program. All proceeds go towards the operation of St. Patrick's, which is the largest provider of homeless services in Missouri. The Grill opened its doors in 1990 as the first-in-the-nation full-service restaurant for training homeless/mentally ill clients, enabling dozens of people every year to begin successful careers in the restaurant industry. The restaurant is located at 614 N. 11th St. in downtown St. Louis. For menu, directions, and more information, please visit www.stpatrickcenter.org. Also, next week I'll be holding office hours to discuss anything you want, at different times of day and in a variety of locations in order to accommodate everyone. Kayak's Coffee 276 North Skinker St. Louis, MO 63130 11 am - 1 pm Monday Shaw's Coffee 5147 Shaw St. Louis, MO 63110 4 pm - 6 pm Tuesday Goody-Goody Diner 5900 Natural Bridge St. Louis, MO 63120 8 am - 10 am Wednesday If you want to meet at any of those times, I''''d appreciate it if you could reply to this email and let me know which time you''''ll be attending. Hope you can join me for lunch tomorrow - thanks for helping some of our most vulnerable St. Louisans at a time of critical need. Best, Jeff

No comments: